Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Desktop Calendar for the Quilter

Christmas morning brought many wonderful gifts for quilting - a couple of new feet for my machine, some fabric, some fussy cut rulers and a new rotary cutter.  I also got a 2011 Desktop Quilter's Calendar by Debby Kratovil and Jean Ann Wright.  It has quilts and blocks of inspiration for every day of the year.  Even though we are almost 2 weeks into the year I finally got it opened today.

We've been on the road again and away from home.  However as I noted in my last post I did get to The Sugar Pine Co. and I'll mention a few others in days to come.

The calendar reminds me how quickly the days are going by, how very quickly time rushes past us.  That's one of the things I love about quilting - it is a wonderful way to spend time.  It is time slowed down, concentrated in an effort that is both satisfying and productive.

As well quilting reminds me of the time when a quilt was made, when pieces were cut and brought together in a project, I remember the effort of each part and often a new learning in it.

I've been wondering where to put my desktop calendar - I suppose it could go on my desk at work - that's the logical place, but would I get any work done.......  So many patterns, so much fabric, so little time to quilt!

No comments: